Indian Coconut Fish Fry
– 750gm sole/ bekhti fillets
– 3 tsp red chillies
– 2 tbsp coconut desiccated
– 2 tsp ginger, chopped
– 6 garlic cloves
– 1 ½ tbsp white vinegar
– 3 tbsp maida (flour)
– salt to taste
– oil for frying
– lemon wedges for garnishing
– Wash the fish fillets and pat dry.
– Sprinkle maida over fillets and keep aside.
– Grind together red chillies, coconut, ginger, garlic, vinegar and just enough water to make fine paste.
– Add salt and evenly coat fillets with this paste.
– Heat oil in a frying pan and fry fish till crisp.
– Serve immediately, accompanied by lemon wedges.